Project management, communications and dissemination
By Decision of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria No. 577 / 17.08.2018, 11 National Scientific Programs (NSPs) for the period 2018-2022 were approved. One of these programs is Low Carbon Energy for Transport and Domestic Use - EPLUS. The Bulgarian Academy of Sciences has been designated as the leading scientific organization of the NSP EPLUS. A list of predefined partners was also drawn up.
On 20.11.2018 an Agreement was signed between the partners for the establishment of a Consortium for the implementation of the NSP EPLUS.
On November 28, 2018, Agreement D01-214 was signed between the Ministry of Education and Science and the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences for the implementation of the NSP EPLUS.
Structuring of the Consortium
The organizations included as partners in the Consortium (in alphabetical order) are:
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (Leading organization);
- Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems "Acad. E. Budevski" - BAS;
- Institute of Engineering Chemistry - BAS;
- Institute of Catalysis - BAS;
- Institute of Mineralogy and Crystallography "Acad. I. Kostov "- BAS;
- Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry - BAS;
- Institute of Organic Chemistry with Center of Phytochemistry - BAS;
- Institute of Polymers - BAS;
- Institute of Physical Chemistry "Acad. R. Kaishev" - BAS;
- Prof. Dr. Assen Zlatarov University - Burgas;
- Ruse University "A. Kanchev ";
- Sofia University “St. Kl. Ohridski ”;
- Southwestern University "Neofit Rilski" - Blagoevgrad.
- Technical University of Varna;
- Technical University of Sofia;
- University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy - Sofia;
Contact points from each partner have been identified.
Executive Board (EB)
The members of the EB are present at the meetings and, if impossible, a reserve member authorized by them. For the sake of greater responsiveness (in order to have representatives of all partners), the reserve members from the institutes of BAS, as well as the Head of Component 3, who is not a member of the IS, are invited to the meetings.
The EB determined the following structure of the Consortium:
- Component 1: Storage and Conversion of Renewable Energy;
- Component 2: Electric Vehicles and Hydrogen Mobility;
- Component 3: Effective Methods for СО2 Capture and Recovery;
- Component 4: Project Management, Communication and Dissemination of Results.
Each component consists of Work Packages having respective managers.
The EB has approved work package and work task leaders in accordance with proven competence in their scientific biographies (CVs).
The scientific staff of the program includes 202 scientists and specialists from the partner organizations, and a list of the team was sent to the Ministry of Education and Science.
Communications with the Ministry of Education and Science
By decision of the Ministry of Education and Science for the Program observers were appointed Prof. Ivan Dimov, Advisor to the Minister of Education and Science, and Ms. Vesela Vassileva, State Expert at the Science Directorate. Communications with the Ministry of Education and Science go smoothly and seamlessly.
Currently, there are Associate Partnership Agreements with the following organizations:
- Sofia Municipality;
- Municipality of Rousse;
- Municipality of Varna;
- District Administration - Burgas;
- Automotive Cluster Bulgaria.
Other contacts with the scientific community, business and governmental and non-governmental organizations
On April 5, 2019, discussions were held with representatives of Burgas Municipality, Burgas District Government, Association "Automotive Cluster Bulgaria", Burgas Free University and representatives of the business in Burgas for the creation of a consortium for participation in the National Science and Education Programme "Science and Education for Smart Growth" in order to build Regional Innovation Centers (RICs). The idea is to create a RIC in Burgas that is related to the results of the work on the NSP EPLUS and represents an upgrade of the program at the regional level. The talks were initiated by the local authorities in Burgas by the deputy. Mayor of Education and Science - Mrs. Yordanka Ananieva and Deputy. Regional Governor of Burgas - Prof. Sevdalina Turmanova.
On April 16, 2019 a meeting with representatives of the Center of Competence HITMOBIL - Technologies and Systems for Generation, Storage and Consumption of Clean Energy was held. The Center's close thematic focus with the NSP EPLUS, as well as the availability of general staff, were noted. The possibility of interaction between the NSP EPLUS and the Center was discussed, with special attention paid to the demarcation of the research carried out.
As a result of contacts with EU scientists, joint Horizon 2020 projects have been prepared.
In the subject of EPLUS, Burgas University "Assen Zlatarov" is preparing its participation in several scientific networks: LIFE, COST, EMFF-02-2019 - Blue Careers, Black sea Basin 2014-2020.
During the visit of the Dean's Office of the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology at the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, the goals and specific tasks of the NSP EPLUS work program were presented and the working visits of members of the SWU team were arranged (Prof. M. Mitov and Dr. I. Burdarov).